Register Your Salon
Would you like to register your salon and support the Rapunzel foundation?
- Register Your Salon to cut and donate 14inch ponytails. We encourage clients to use registered Rapunzel salons.
The ponytail is now the responsibility of the donor, The donor then sends the ponytail themselves to the Rapunzel foundation, attached with their own name and address
To become a Registered Rapunzel Salon please fill out the form on the right.
How to prepare hair for donation
- Place hair into a tight ponytail at the base of the neck.
- Measure to ensure that it is over 14inches
- Shampoo the hair
- Dry thoroughly
- Straighten hair
- Place hair into a ponytail at the base of the neck
- Place 3 or 4 bands on the ponytail of hair to ensure all the hairs cuticles are sitting the same way and that no hair escapes
- Cut straight across just at the top band
- Place the ponytail into a tissue/towel and then a plastic bag.
- The Ponytail is now the clients responsibility, after the haircut they take it home with them from the salon.
- Label with your full name and address as we send a thank you card as confirmation that we received the hair, this can take 4- 6 weeks to receive your hand written thank you card
- Post to Rapunzel Foundation, 53 South Street, New Ross, Co Wexford.